These products are to be installed and used in accordance with all safety and operating Instructions.
This warranty will not apply if the products are used in a manner otherwise than in accordance with the installation instructions.
This Warranty only applies to product purchased in New Zealand. . This warranty is not transferable. It applies only to the consumer that purchased the product directly from Meltin Vaste or its authorised retailer.
Please read this Warranty carefully before purchasing, using or installing our Meltin Vaste CrabWood decking product.
The limited warranty provided by Meltin Vaste constitutes a basis of the bargain and purchase of the Meltin Vaste product. The limited warranty sets forth the entire warranty and responsibility of Meltin Vaste. The purchase and /or use of any Meltin Vate product constitutes acceptance by the purchaser and / or user of and agreement of these terms.
Products covered by this warranty
- Deck Clips
- Composite Decking.
Meltin Vaste Ltd. (hereinafter known as ( “ CrabWood “ ) warrants its solid decking board profiles shall be free from material defects in workmanship and materials, and shall not rot, crack, split, or splinter for a period of 15 years, under normal use and service conditions (in standard residential dwellings) from first consumer purchase (Purchaser Name) provided that such purchaser maintains ownership of the real property upon which Meltin Vaste decking was installed.. The Warranty is non- transferable and provided the decking boards and accessories are bought from Meltin Vaste or its authorized dealer / retailer.
The consumer /contractor acknowledges that Meltin Vaste composite decking board profiles are not structural lumber and therefore may not be used as such.
Meltin Vaste reserves the right to replace defective parts of the product with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available. The replacement (parts) will be covered by this warranty only for the remainder of the term of this warranty.
Meltin Vaste will, at its option, either replace or refund the appropriate prorated portion of the purchase price as set forth in the “Prorated Refund Schedule” for any CrabWood decking board profiles used in a residential decking application that splinters, corrodes or becomes structurally unfit due to rot, warp, cupping, damage caused by termites .
Meltin Vaste ( CrabWood ) decking board profiles are not stain-proof. Care must be taken to remove all food, beverage and other spilled materials with water and a mild household cleaner preferably immediately or within one (1) hour of exposure. (earlier the better).
Staining as a result of spilled abrasive compounds of acidic or basic pH, strong solvents, oil-based paints or stains, metallic rust and other abnormal items not commonly used on a residential decking board are not covered under this Warranty.
Include but are not limited to pet or human bodily fluids such as blood, vomit, urine or feces, and fungicides, bactericides, biocides and chemical based plant food. Mould and mildew can settle and grow on any outdoor surface and, if not properly cleaned, can stain that surface.
Staining associated with mould or mildew that is not properly cleaned within one week of first appearance is not covered under this Warranty. If stains persist, you will be required to produce documentation that you attempted to have the deck professionally cleaned at least one time prior to making a claim under this Warranty.
This Warranty will only apply if an attempt is made by Consumer to remove any such spill and such attempt is unsuccessful.
Returns or claims
Due to any condition that was clearly apparent prior to fastening Meltin Vaste (CrabWood) DECKING BOARDS returns will not be considered after Meltin Vaste CrabWood DECKING BOARD has been applied/fastened to a deck structure.
No decking material is fade-proof when exposed to sunlight and other common atmospheric conditions. Normal Weathering is to be expected over the life of the product and is not covered under this Warranty. Normal Weathering is defined as exposure to sunlight and extremes of weather and atmosphere that will cause any coloured surface to gradually fade, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stain.
If a defect occurs within the warranty period, Purchaser shall notify “ Meltin Vaste ” or its authorized dealer /retailer or company representative of the defect.
The procedure for claims is detailed below (not including the cost of its initial installation).
This amount paid out during a claim will refer to the initial cost when purchased and shall not be adjusted for inflation. Replacement Costs shall not include the cost of permits required or obtained in connection with installing replacement products.
What the warranty does not cover
This warranty shall not cover and Meltin Vaste shall not be responsible for costs and expenses incurred with respect to the removal of defective Meltin Vaste’s products or the installation of replacement materials, including but not limited to labour and freight.
“ Meltin Vaste ” does not warrant against and is not responsible for any condition attributable to:
- Improper installation of Meltin Vaste decking products and/or failure to abide by “ Meltin Vaste” installation guidelines, including but not limited to improper gapping or unauthorised product modification.
- Any damage to the product due to delivery to site.
- Causes external to the product such as electric power fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting our specifications.
- Normal wear and tear, scratching, fading, staining, mould, mildew or minor splits or cracks around screws or nails.
- If not used in an above ground application.
- Variations in embossing patterns.
- Variations in colour (Natural Grain Collection is designed to have colour variation).
- Fair wear and tear, Splits propagating within the vicinity of fasteners. These are not recognised as a product fault, and will not covered by Meltin Vaste warranty.
- Damage caused to the product as a consequence of the use of another manufacturers product used in conjunction with our product.
- Use of “ Meltin Vaste” products beyond normal residential use, or in an application not recommended by “ Meltin Vaste ” guidelines and local building codes.
- Movement, distortion, collapse or settling of the ground or the supporting structure on which “ Meltin Vaste ” products are installed.
- Any act of God (such as flooding, hurricane, earthquake, lightning, etc.), environmental condition (such as air pollution, mold, mildew, etc.), or staining from foreign substance (such as dirt, grease, oil, etc.
- Slight variations or changes in color of “ Meltin Vaste ” products.
- Improper handling, storage, abuse or neglect of “ Meltin Vaste ” products by Purchaser or third parties.
This warranty against manufacturing defects does not extend to cover:
- Costs associated to remove the defective product from the purchases
premises or the location of the product.
- Any charges incurred by the Purchaser in notifying Meltin Vaste or its
authorised retailer of the alleged defective product.
- Costs associated to installing any replacement product.
- Costs associated with making a warranty claim, including costs such as
postage and handling.
- Any other reasonably foreseeable costs incurred.
How to get Warranty Service:
In order to claim a warranty on any of Meltin Vaste ( CrabWood ) products you must follow the procedure outlined below:
To make a claim under this Warranty, the Consumer must, within thirty (30) days of actual or constructive notice of damage covered by this Warranty, do the following:
Cordon off the defective area to fully protect all property and persons that could be affected.
Send written notification to the place of purchase within 30 days from the discovery of the alleged defect, including the following details:
- Provide ( Meltin Vaste or its authorized dealer ) a description of the claimed defect
- Photographs of the alleged defect.
- Quantity claimed to be defective.
- Proof of Purchase of the product / Proof of original receipt (or other evidence displaying the date of purchase which Meltin Vaste or its authorised retailer is reasonably satisfied with).
- Provide Proof of Warranty,
Call or email Meltin Vaste or its authorized retailer / dealer regarding the problem
Call 021 074 7741 . Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
( Meltin Vaste or its authorized retailer /dealer) will then arrange for the product to be inspected and make a determination as to whether any of the product should be replaced under the terms of this warranty.
At any time in the investigation Meltin Vaste ( CrabWood ) may request the assistance of engineers, scientists or any other party Meltin Vaste deems appropriate to verify the claim. If the claim is proven, Meltin Vaste at its discretion will replace the product on a case by case basis or alternatively provide a refund for the quantity found to be defective on the prorate basis as given below.
Prorated Refund Schedule
1-3 years = 100 %
4-5 years = 80 %
6-7 years = 70 %
8-9 years = 60 %
10-11 Years = 50 %
12-13 Years = 30 %
14-15 years = 20 %
Limitation of implied warranties
There are no warranties, expressed or implied, which extend beyond the description contained herein including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Meltin Vaste or its authorised dealers or representatives or employees shall not be liable for:
- Damage to other property caused by any defects in the product, damages based upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, interference of business relationships, or other commercial loss, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Under no circumstances whatsoever shall Meltin Vaste be liable for any direct ,indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, exemplary, statutory, special or other damages based upon the Meltin Vaste products or resulting directly or indirectly, from any defect in the Meltin Vaste products including but not limited to damage to, diminution in value of and /or loss of use or enjoyment of ,any property or part thereof whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, statute regulation or otherwise, even if Meltin Vaste is expressly advised about the possibility of such damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages in certain circumstances, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty is subject to the laws of New Zealand. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights. Nothing in this warranty limits or restricts, or is intended to derogate from, any right or remedy which the purchaser or ultimate user of the product may have pursuant to New Zealand Sale of Goods Act, Consumer Guarantees Act, Fair Trading Act or any other relevant and applicable New Zealand legislation.
All information contained in this document is correct and current at the time of publishing and is subject to change without notice.